Discover Our Offers for Juniors!
Regardless of the course choice, students have the chance to develop your language ability both quickly and effectively. Our Standard Course, of 20 lessons per week, aims to give a dramatic boost to their confidence in a foreign language, with focused teaching in all 4 skill areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing. Our Intensive Course builds on our Standard Course, with 10 additional lessons per week, focusing on the fastest possible language acquisition.
To further immerse into a language, Sprachcaffe offers several workshops for students to choose from. Depending on the language the workshops may vary. Workshops offered are as follows:
1. Business English helps developing skills such as email writing, leading meetings, target group vocabulary and the use of idioms.
2. Job Applications & Interviews is designed as an aid for job applications. It covers vocabulary and functional tailor-made language.
3. Communication Skills offers you assistance for elaborate conversations and advice when implementing advanced communication strategies.
4. Public Speaking & Presentations helps strengthening confidence in front of larger audiences (e.g. professional or academic presentations).
5. English Drama helps you to develop your abilities as an actor and to perform a play in front of an audience.
By staying with locals, students discover the customs and habits of their destination right from the start, sampling authentic local cuisine and discovering how the locals really live. Learning continues even when lessons have finished. Our friendly hosts are experienced in hosting international students and play an integral part in their learning experience. A few homestays may be located outside of the centre, which means students get to know parts of the destination typically undiscovered by tourists.
Residence / College
At a residence, students usually stay closer to school than they would with a homestay, which means less travel time and more time enjoying their surroundings. They will get to stay with other students from all over the world, allowing them to use their new language skills in an international environment. Our Teamers also stay at the residence. Our Colleges offer accommodation and classes all in one place.
Our Club Village in Malta is truly unique. The accommodation is right on campus, alongside the language school, swimming pool, restaurant and sports facilities. Choose from a range of room types, from a twin to a 7-bed-room. Our Teamers also stay in the Club Village. Our breathtaking campus consists of striking limestone buildings, which truly captures the spirit of this Mediterranean paradise.
Joint accommodation: If your students plan to travel with friends and would like to share their room with someone in particular, please let us know well in advance, so we can take this into consideration
when allocating accommodation. We can’t guarantee all requests, but we will do our best!
The learning journey continues as soon as classes finish! With our comprehensive leisure programme students have the opportunity to really discover their chosen destination. A two-week language course generally includes a big variety of activities plus at least one full-day excursion and two half-day excursions (see table below for more details). Of course, students are also given some free time to socialise in the afternoons and evenings!
Our U20 programmes offer the full package – students are in good hands from arrival to departure. Students will be picked up at the airport upon arrival and taken to their accommodation. For this, we require the student’s full flight details at least 4 weeks before the course begins. Transfer time windows vary depending on the destination, and detailed information can be found on the individual school pages. Students travel to and from the airport with their fellow classmates, most of whom they will be meeting for the first time. The transfer provides students with the first opportunity to make new friends. Students generally check in to their accommodation in the afternoon and vacate their room in the morning on the day of departure. They may be asked to pay a key deposit which will be returned on departure.
Unaccompanied Minor Service
With our unaccompanied minor service parents are informed of the name, telephone number and the address of the transfer driver in advance of the start of the trip. The driver brings students to checkin, not to the gate. Please note that we only offer the unaccompanied minor service if this is required by the airline booked for the flight of your child.
We understand that sampling new food can play a big part in discovering a new country and its culture.
Students are provided with breakfast, dinner and either a cooked or packed lunch (which consists of a sandwich, a drink and a dessert/snack). Students always have the opportunity to try something typical of the country. Each year we welcome thousands of students to our schools and boast almost 40 years of experience in catering to students with a variety of dietary needs.
We ask you to let us know of any allergies/dietary requirements when making your booking, as well as information about any medicines you take. This information is given to the Teamers and, if necessary, the homestay (surcharge may apply).
Throughout the trip learners are accompanied by our "Teamers" - young adults between the ages of 20 and 30 who have been specially trained to accommodate the requirements of our young learners. Our Teamers come from all over Europe and America, and communicate with students exclusively in the language being taught. Each Teamer is responsible for the supervision of around 15 students, traveling with the group, leading guided tours and activities, checking where the students are going during their free time, as well as staying with them at the residence. Teamers are also responsible for the organization of the leisure activity program. Students aged between 18 and 20 also enjoy the complete support of the Teamers, and while not bound by the leisure program, they are encouraged to take part in any activities which are interest to them.
- Group Leader Meetings: The group leaders meet twice a day (in the morning and evening) to discuss the events of the day and any problems, and to plan for the following days.
- Supervision and Animation: Our group leaders are available for our students 24 hours a day, to supervise, assist and animate them.
- Rules and Regulations: On arrival of the new students, the coordinator will read out and explain the "Rules & Regulations". The group leaders also ensure that all students abide by these rules for everyone's safety and well-being.
- T-Shirts: Our group leaders can be easily recognised as they will be wearing the Sprachcaffe T-Shirt at all times. This ensures that our students and other members of staff can find and identify their leaders immediately.
- Dealing with Problems: The group leaders are responsible for their students' wellbeing. This also includes dealing with any problems swiftly and efficiently. The group leaders also need to record any problems in a complaint form, which is also signed by the student.
- Language: Group leaders speak English at all times, both with the students and amongst themselves. This helps to further promote the use of the language being learnt and develop students' fluency.
- Excursions: All excursions are fully supervised. The group leaders accompanying the students will have a first-aid kit and emergency phone with them in case of emergency.