About our School
- Beautiful school campus with classes, apartments and a residence, as well as a bistro, disco, gardens, a pool and much more all in one location.
- Located in in a quiet part of Pembroke, yet it is close to the entertainment centre called Paceville.
- A varied social programme with activities and excursions to suit all tastes.
- All our host families are within walking distance of the school.
- Established in 1991 and accredited by ALTO, FELTOM and WYSE.
- Qualified teachers with many years of experience.
- Air-conditioned classrooms, studios and comfort apartments.
- Great self-access facilities including DVDs and books to buy or borrow, a study and an AV room.
The school is simply breathtaking - a sight to behold! It is of unique architectural interest and was built in the 1930s by the British to originally serve as army barracks. This striking stone building, with its classic Hellenisticelements and Roman arcades, never fails to impress our students. The school is located in a quiet part of St. Julians, yet is close to the nightlife centre called Paceville. Our campus includesair-conditioned classrooms, apartments, a residence, a bar, bistro and disco, an AV room, study room, library and games room, a volleyball court, and of course, our famous swimming pool. Our classrooms and apartments are also accessible by wheelchair and comfort apartments and studios are all air-conditioned. This really is the perfect place to study and relax. The sun shines practically all year round, making it a truly memorable outdoor experience with unlimited leisure opportunities.
- Classrooms: 22 classrooms, of which all are air-conditioned with access to audio-visual facilities
- Facilities: Reception, Computer area, Library, Student lounge, Bistro, Games Room, Pool
- Computer area: A computer is available at reception for students to use
- Library: Open Monday to Friday, 08:00 to 16:30 in the Education Building. Books and other materials can be borrowed against a deposit. Dictionaries and self-study books are also on sale
- Bistro: The Bistro is open from 08:00 to 00:00.The Bistro in the school is the ideal place for our students to have their meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered, with drinks and snacks in-between. Students who have not booked meals in advance can also eat at the restaurant and pay directly in cash
- Accessibility for disabled students: yes
Minimum age: 18
Average age: 20
Average number of students: 150-350 (winter), 500-600 (summer)
- Western Europe 42% incl. Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, etc.
- Americas 9% incl. Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, etc.
- Eastern Europe 24% incl. Russia, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, etc.
- Asia 19% incl. Japan, China, South Korea, Thailand etc.
- Others 5% incl. Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc.
- Emergency Phone: 00356 21 373 574
- Office hours Reception: Reception is open 24 hours a day
- Office hours School: The school is open from 08:00 to 16:30 from September to June, except public holidays and the Christmas break. In July and August, the school is open from 08:00 to 18:30.
- Languages spoken by staff: English, German, Spanish, French, Italian and Maltese
- Student card: A student card with a photo is issued on arrival
- Deposit: Participants who are not in a host family must leave a deposit of €50, for key/damage/bills on arrival. Students get this back at the end of their stay once they return their key, if no damage has been caused to the accommodation and there are no open bills.
- Wifi: Free Wifi is available on theschool campus, in thereception area, in thepool area, library and bistro.