About our School
Adult school established: 1995. – Open all year round (closed just bank holidays and 2 weeks in December)
- Charming school located in a beautiful, old fashioned English seaside city with many international students.
- Brighton is a big multi-cultural city with many students, festivals, music and art.
- School is centrally located in easy access of the town centre, all bus routes and very close to the beach!
- Brighton Club Residence is only 10 minutes by foot from the school and located directly at the seafront.
- Free Internet access
- Plenty of traditional ‘English’ leisure activities including many interesting and fun local activities.
- Excellent facilities including a mini-kitchen for tea and coffee, mini-garden and a student lounge.
Our adult school is located just a stone's throw away from the beach and the historic town centre. Many shops, restaurants or famous sights, like the Royal Pavilion or Brighton Pier, are a short walk/bus ride away. Our school has 12 classrooms and guarantees quality learning with students' improvement our main focus. Located in an Edwardian building with a mini-garden, common room and free internet access, students learn in comfort, with our residence just a short walk away. All bus routes can be found within walking distance.
Classrooms: 12 classrooms with board, teacher's desk, multimedia, chairs and tables
- Student lounge
- Computer corner
Distance to nearest station: the school is located 2 minutes from Palmeira Square which has frequent bus routes going all over the city. Hove Train Station is a 25 minute walk from the school.
Internet: Free internet access.
Student lounge: Student lounge is available where students can relax and have lunch. There are several restaurants and cafes nearby.
Safe: Students can deposit documents, cash and other valuables in the school safe. Larger items such as laptops or cameras cannot be secured in our safe.
Parking: Street parking is available near the school and the Regency Square car park is a 10 minute walk away.
Accessibility for disabled students: No
Programme Age: 18+
Average age: 23-25
Average number of students: 50 - 70 students
Nationality mix: Germany 35%, Japan 17%, South Korea 13%, Italy 13%, Spain 12%
With Sprachcaffe Languages Plus, we had the opportunity to live a study trip in English. The school offers various ways to learn English doing the courses and extra activities like visits of museums, kayaking, laser games etc….Competent teachers make you feel comfortable during the language courses.The school is located in the heart of Brighton with very good public transport facilities and it is near the West Beach Hotel.The hotel is in front of the sea and this allows students to choose between several leisure time activities: Brighton Pier, cinema, shopping center, clubs and pubs.The school staff ensure further entertainment organizing theme nights, games and parties open air or inside.The team is always available for students who need support.Thanks to this experience, we have known people with different cultures, traditions and languages and we have built many friendships. Esther and Rachele Possanzini (Italy)
In the Sprachcaffe school not only have I learnt and improved my English, I have met different people from all over the world.The students, teachers and the staff, all of them have become really good friends.Both the teachers and the staff are always willing to help and do something about the student’s questions and demands.I really liked this experience; I would definitely do it again. Jeanette (Mexico)
Before I arrived in Brighton, I was very worried about how my experience would be. Later on I realised that there was nothing to be worried about because Brighton is a lovely student city where all the people are polite and friendly. It actually turned out to be better than what I had expected, it is perfect.I do believe that I have chosen the best school, where everybody is a part of its little family including teachers, staff and fellow students, I am never alone here. Gizem (Turkey)
- Emergency Number: 0044 1273 323161
- Languages spoken by staff: English, Russian and German
- Office hours: The school is open from Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 04:30pm
- Wifi: Free Internet access available in computer corner.
- Deposit: In our residence we ask for a deposit of 30 GBP student which will be returned if the student leaves the room under acceptable conditions.
- Student card: provides students with lanyards and student cards with emergency numbers. Students who are who spend here 3 or more months can pay for a STA Travel card. It costs £12 and they will need a passport picture and their letter of acceptance or the school can provide a letter.