About our School
- Prime historic Gastown location, right across the celebrated steam clock, short walk to the transit hub of the city, Waterfront station.
- Regular Student Counseling and Advising to accommodate student needs & goals better
- Extremely high quality teaching staff – experience at the highest levels
- Friendly staff and family atmosphere
- Fun activities after class: mountain hikes, sports at the beach, painting, yoga, cycling at Stanley Park
- Special Deals for Family Members traveling together (*contact us for more details)
- Free Trips to Whistler for two best students of the months
GEOS Vancouver is located on the mezzanine level of a historic building with an outlook on steam clock from 2 of the classrooms. Brick walls interior and wooden floors of the school add up to students’ Gastown experience. School is accessible for wheelchairs by elevator. Gastown location allows students convenient transportation by either bus, skytrain or seabus as well as reaching out to most of the downtown locations by walk. Gastown offers outstanding shopping and dining experience and various events in an atmosphere of everything being vintage.
Classrooms: 8 classrooms
Facilities: Computers & Wifi, Kitchen, Student lounge, fully-accessible building Library service: Study and resource materials available to students.
Bistro, Snacks and Drinks: Lounge, kitchenette with a fridge and microwave ovens, water cooler; Starbucks, Tim Hortons and food courts are located in walking distance.
Average age: 22
Average number of students: 50-100
Nationality Mix: Japan 17,9%, Taiwan 17,9%, Korea 12,8%, Brazil 7,7%, Spain 7,7%
"I like Vancouver a lot, especially during the summer time because I can go to my favorite beach: English Bay! I do love my classes at SC/GEOS Languages Plus too, because they are small classes and I can improve my English in a better way. The staffs and the teachers are very friendly and always want to help you."Rika Tarui (Japan)
"I love Vancouver, especially because there are lots of friendly people and I could get along with foreign friends that I have met at SC/GEOS Languages Plus. I really do like the classes, too, the way the teachers teach is a great way. At this fantastic school I could make lots of friends, which are my best memory from here and of course I could join some activities, like the Ice skating, really great! I want to thank you all the staff and teachers, because they helped me daily to improve my English Skills."Natachtorn Wongsupornchai (Thailand)
"Being in Vancouver is a great experience. It it is not a school only, it's a place where you meet new people from all over the world and learn new cultures. The staff is so nice and always willing to help you, both with your English and with other things you need. All in all, if you're staying in Vancouver you cannot miss studying at SC/GEOS Languages Plus Vancouver!"Alvaro Sanchez Cuervo (Spain)
"Teachers were really helpful, I really liked them. They were really kind and professional. They told a lot of different things I've never known. My class was perfect and I like all my classmates. It seems to me that I've already studying here for some years. I like morning classes with Alison because she always say new things about grammar and vocabulary. And Tomoko's class is good because of great discussions and presentations. I'll remember everybody of the stuff and school! Thank you for the time I've spent here and I'd like to come here again. Thank you!"Stas Gerasimov (Russia)
Note: Students in the age of 16 and 17 can join our Adult courses with a Parental Consent Form signed by the students' parents, Homestay accommodation or Course-Only bookings.
- Emergency number: 778 866 1098
- Opening hours: 8:30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Languages spoken by staff: English, Portuguese and Russian
- Student card: A student card with photo is issued on arrival.