About our School
- Has a popular volunteer and internship program that gives students experience working the community and opportunities to practice English.
- Toronto is one of the most multicultural cities in the world
- The school thrives on outstanding customer for agencies, students and helpdesks
- Holds weekly Job Skills workshops – perfect for students in the Study-Work Program or on a Working Holiday Visa.
- Close to famous sights, world-class restaurants, fantastic shopping, and major transportation lines. Free Wifi and Internet Access.
The school is located in the heart of downtown Toronto, in the "Old Town Toronto" district near the corner of Adelaide and Church streets, only two blocks away from Yonge Street, Toronto's centre and the longest street in the world. From our school students can walk to the CN Tower, Eaton Centre, Rogers Centre, Air Canada Centre, and the Harbourfront. It is steps to major spors (MLB, NHL, NBA), entertainment, transportation, and the excitement of the city.
Classrooms: 8 classrooms
Facilities: Computers & Wifi, Kitchenette, Student Lounge, Study materials available, fully-accessible building
Bistro, Snacks and Drinks: Vending machines for snacks, coffee, and drinks are available for students.
Distance to nearest station: 5 mins. by foot to King St East at Church Street Tram Station
Accessibility for disabled students: yes
Average age: 24
Average number of students: 60 - 90 in winter and 120 - 180 students in summer.
Nationality Mix: Saudi 11,53%, Colombia 10,111%, Mexico 9,96%, Japan 6,96%, Russia 6,33%, Brazil 10,59%, Cameroon 5,30%, South Korea 4,75%, Italy 4,27%, Libya 3,48%, Rest of world 26,72%
"I feel that my communication skill is getting better, so I'm not frustrated to use English anytime. Otherwise the location of SC/GEOS Languages Plus is also superb, I could easily achive the subway. I was specially lucky with my host family, I can suggest these people to everyone." Eva (Hungaria)
"So here I am! After three months spend in Toronto and at SC/GEOS Languages Plus I'm able to say that this experience has definitely changed my life. Indeed, when I just came to SC/GEOS Languages Plus I couldn't make a full complete sentence and less talking to someone. With the teacher's help and working hard by myself I've improved my English so much. The teachers are competent and friendly as well and the school'S staff was accommodating and helpful with me. The city of Toronto is an amazing and interesting place. I spent a great time to discover. Also, the most important thing that happened to me during my stay was the meets that I had. In fact, I met incredibles wonderful people that I won't never forget. To resume, Thanks SC/GEOS Languages Plus for all of that." Mehdi Choura (Switzerland)
"My name is Stefania. I studied for 1 month in the school. I learned a lot of interesting things in this month. It was a intensive course and my teachers were very competent. I maked friends with nice people and I discovered new cultures. I am very sad to finish this experience."Stefania Faris (Italy)
"I am here in the school to improve my English skills and also enjoy multi cultural city life and learn about them in Toronto. Here in the school with wonderful teachers and classmates, my English improved better than my expectation. In class, I did not only learn English but also I learnt a lot of details about different cultures. I realized that all the cultures in the world have some similar customs. Everyday at the lunch time I learnt new meal from different countries. In the class, teachers do not use only our textbooks directly, they create different teaching techniques in order to take our attention to the important points. In this school, you do not have to discover anything by yourself because you are in a compact school. From first day, the staff make you feel comfortable and they are very trustful. You know that if you have any kind of problem or need to ask something, they are ready any with honesty. In brief, I have been here for 6 months and I am going back to Turkey this week. I will carry to Turkey all my Toronto experiences and honestly I will carry this wonderful family with staff, teachers and classmates!"Mujde (Turkey)
Note: Students in the age of 16 and 17 can join our Adult courses with a Parental Consent Form signed by the students' parents, Homestay accommodation or Course-Only bookings.
- Emergency number: 001 437 241 6071
- Opening hours: Mon – Fri 08:30 am – 05:30 pm
- Languages spoken by staff: English and Japanese
- Student card: A student card with photo is issued on arrival.
- Text books: No books must be purchased for stays up to 4 weeks, books can be leased for $10 per week, and a deposit must be left. Students staying over 4 weeks are required to purchase their books. Text books cost around $40 and students work with a book for up to 12 weeks. This means about $3.34 per book per week.