About our School
- City where English and French are used interchangeably - perfect for students participating in an English, French or Bilingual program
- School located downtown - close to restaurants, stores, public transportation, and museums
- Ideal nationality mix at school - over 50 nationalities and less than 20% of any nationality in the school at all times
- Has a strong IELTS and TOEFL iBT elective course that draws students from nearby universities
- Central location in North America - close to other major cities such as New York, Boston, Toronto, and Ottawa
We are undeniably one of the very best locations in Montreal! Being in the heart of downtown Montreal, GEOS Languages Plus Montreal is very accessible by public transportation. McGill Metro Station is less than a minute walk away and the 24 bus on Sherbrooke Street stops next to our Building.
Our school is found in a building whose structure, architecture and stone facade reminds us of a typical Chicago-Style building. Major tenants are Manpower, JavaU, Shepell and J. Walter Thompson, just to name a few. It is located on the corner of Sherbrooke Street and Union Street, right across The Music Building of the famous McGill University. The area is also known as the Golden Square Mile or the Square Mile, a neighborhood which expanded between 1850 and 1930 at the foot on Mont Royal, where the wealthy families of the city lived. At that time, Sherbrooke Street was stately lined by big mansions, coach houses for horses and staff. Today, the area is home to some of the best hotels and best shopping places in Montreal as well as upscale residences and historical buildings.
More precisely, we are:
- A short walk away from one of the best Universities in the world, McGill University
- above the famous JavaU coffee shop
- close to many parks and Mount Royal
- less than a minute walk to McGill Metro Station
- less than a minute walk to the 24 bus
- a short walk to the most popular Shopping Malls in Montreal
Classrooms: 8 classrooms
Facilities:: WIFI, equipped kitchen, student lounge, study area, study materials available, fully accessible building
Bistro, Snacks and Drinks: As the school is located right downtown, students are close to many different fast food stores and restaurants and can use the kitchen.
Average age: 25
Average number of students: : 60 – 80 (high season from May to August) / 30-40 (low season from September to April)
Nationality Mix: Germany – Spain – South Korea – Mexico - China
“I've spent the 3 best summers of my life here in GEOS Montreal, they have awesome English teachers and also awesome French teachers, the staff is attentive, friendly and helpful. Thanks alot for this great experience.” Manuel Alfonso Parilli Nunez (Venezuela)
“Hi! My name is Jasreen. I am from India. I am a student of French Course. It has been a very good experience while taking my French course at GEOS Montreal. Teachers and students are very co-operative and helpful. Study is excellent and more practical. It helps a lot to improve my knowledge and skills. Montreal in itself is a very good place to live in, as you have a very affordable life. There are lots of tourist places, great atmosphere and friendly and cooperative people. I like it a lot. Thank you.” Jasreen Kaur (India)
“My name is Bulent Hekimoglu. I am 55 years old, and came from Turkey. This is my third season at the GEOS. I feel every time that further increased my love to teachers, staff, and students of GEOS. My English improvement after GEOS. My friend and my family aware that increased of my English. I owe it to my teachers. School staffs always helped us, they solved our problems, showed us their smiling face. My classmates are friendly. They love to share their culture. I love all my classmates. I’m always happy to be in GEOS. Thank you.” Bulent Hekimoglu (Turkey)
“Montreal is one of my favorite cities. There are three reasons. First, Montreal is really interesting city, because it is multicultural. I can here English and French, and I can see many many many cultures, foods, and people from different countries. Second, there is a lots of fun. For example,there're many festivals, activities, and lot of beautiful nature. Therefore I often go to Old Montreal and Mont Royal on weekend and after school. You must check them out. Last, in GEOS in Montreal, I made many friends. Some of them are learning English, some are learning French. They're very incentive for me. To sum up, here is sooooooo nice!” Masumi Oi (Japan)
Note: Students in the age of 16 and 17 can join our Adult courses with a Parental Consent Form signed by the students' parents, Homestay accommodation or Course-Only bookings.
- Emergency number: 001 514-994-0841
- Opening hours: 8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Languages spoken by staff: English, French, Mandarin, Spanish, Arabic
- Student card: We can provide a student letter, upon request, that students will be able to use to get student discounts for tourist activities.
- IELTS test center
- Textbooks: Books can be leased for stays up to 4 weeks at $10 per book per week. A deposit of $80/book must be left in cash. Students staying over 4 weeks are required to purchase their books. Textbooks cost $80 each, depending on the program 1, 2, or 3 books will be needed.