Destination: Canada / US
Gain experience in Canada or the United States while taking part in the SC – Working Holiday Program. SC GEOS Languages Plus will prepare you for the necessary English training in order to be accepted into a Working Holiday Program.
The main purpose of the Working Holiday Program placement is a cultural exchange, giving the participant an opportunity to improve his or her language skills and stimulate you to work on your personal development, independence and confidence. The quality and level of the participant’s placement will depend on their education, area of placement, time of year and duration of the placement.
For more information in this program and a personalized study program please contact us at email@example.com
SC – Working Holiday Program is anywhere between 12-24months (ESL + Working Holiday portion)
Start Dates differ depending on the availability of working holiday program and the length of English study you require prior to being eligible to your working holiday program.
You may need a longer study period based on the level of English you start with.
• Unmarried young adult ages 18 to 30 years of age.
• Have successfully completed GEOS English Level 5 / 6 (any start date)
• Have completed Grade 11 or 12 of High School from home country
• No criminal record and Good Health (visa requirement)
• Previous Childcare Experience (au pair program)
• Working Holiday Visa
• Pay for own travel costs
• Must have own comprehensive private insurance, including medical, hospitalisation and repatriation cover as well as liability insurance for the duration of their stay.
• Recommended obtaining an International Driving Permit prior to arriving in Canada. If your driver's licence is NOT in English or French, we consider an International Driving Permit essential. Citizens from countries that have reciprocal licensing agreements with the Canadian provinces can exchange their home driver's license for a Canadian driver's license. If this does not apply to you, you may be required to pass the complete driver's test. (not obligatory)
• English Course at SC GEOS: Brochure price/week - 30 lessons a week
• Registration Fee: $250 (Non Refundable)
• Homestay Family Accomodation - Single Room Full Board: $275cad a week (for your ESL portion)
• Au Pair Placement Fee: $ 600cad
• Practicum Experience Fee: $1500cad
• Hospitality and Retail Experience Fee: $1500
• Ranchstay Experience: $1500
• Airport Transfer (2 ways): $175cad
• Insurance: $25/week (mandatory)
• Take online English placement test
• Send the results to firstname.lastname@example.org , along with your Curriculum Vitae and a Letter of Recommendation along with your online placement test results to receive a customized study plan
• Send Application Form, upon agreeing with the study and au pair plan (phone and/or skype interviews will be held along the process in order to match the candidate with the right family)
• Send 40% of the total fees in order to release Letter of Acceptance from ESL portion
• If visa is denied, all fees will be refunded, minus a $250 non-refundable fee.
The average time it takes from application is between 3 - 4 weeks. Working Holiday Programs availability can be seasonal.
Refund Policy for Fees A full tuition fee refund, less the administration fee (CAD$250.00), will be granted if Citizenship and Immigration denies visa.
Canada / US does not issue the required visa. To obtain a refund, the student must provide:
1. The original Letter of Rejection from Citizenship and Immigration Canada / US
2. The original Official Letter of Acceptance
3. The original receipt of tuition payment
4. A written refund request by the parent including the name and address of the cheque recipient
There will be no refund of the tuition fee in the following circumstances:
‐ if the student chooses to withdraw for reasons other than the visa has been denied by Citizenship and Immigration Canada / US
‐ if the student is found in violation of school or au pair regulations and asked to withdraw from the school or placement
‐ if false medical information was given and conditions were not disclosed