1. Enrolment: Fill in the application form, scan it and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. A deposit of 20% of the total amount is due at the time of registration. With your application you commit yourself to the services requested and booking conditions. After having received your application and deposit we will send the confirmation of enrolment and the invoice. The welcome pack with extra information and the address of your accommodation will be sent after you have settled the remaining balance. The invoice must be paid in full four weeks before arrival.
2. Change of booking: Any change (e.g. arrival date, accommodation, etc.) required up to 28 days before departure will incur a fee of GBP 45 / EUR 55 / USD 55 / CAD 70 or equivalent (USA in accordance with ACCET and local state regulations). Afterwards we will do our utmost, but cannot guarantee the fulfillment of the request made since extra costs may be incurred. In that case, the rebooking charge may exceed GBP 45 / EUR 55 / USD 55 / CAD 70.
3. Rebooking and cancellation: In the case of cancellation we will charge following fees:
up to 16 days prior to start date:
Worldwide: 10%, max: GBP 200 / EUR 250 / USD 300, Additional visa and courier fees, if required
Canada: 10%, max CAD 350, Additional courier fees, if required
USA: Non-refundable fees, max USD 160 – 310, depending on the location (registration, placement and courier fees)
3 - 15 days prior to start date:
Worldwide: 50%, max: GBP 400 / EUR 500 / USD 600, Additional visa and courier fees, if required
Canada: 30%, max. CAD 700, Additional courier fees, if required
USA: Non-refundable fees, max USD 160 – 310, depending on the location (registration, placement and courier fees) + 1 week of accommodation
2 day prior to start date:
Worldwide: 90%, max: GBP 800 / EUR 1000 / USD 1200, Additional visa and courier fees, if required
Canada: 30% max. CAD 1000, Additional courier fees, if required
USA: Non-refundable fees, max USD 160 – 310, depending on the location (registration, placement and courier fees) + 2 weeks of accommodation
After course start:
Worldwide: 100%, max: GBP 1000 / EUR 1200 / USD 1300
Canada and USA: We follow the policies established by ACCET and the respective U.S. or Canadian state. +2 weeks of accommodation
3.1. Rebooking and Cancellation for Groups: If a booking is altered up to 28 days before departure, we will be obliged to charge a fee of USD 65 / EUR 50/ GBP 40. After this period we cannot guarantee any requested changes and please note there will be a rebooking fee which may exceed the above charges. Interchanging students is free of charge provided the students are of the same gender and roughly the same age. In the case of cancellation of a group or individual members of the group (prior to the trip) after your booking confirmation, you will be charged the following fees:
up to 28 days prior to start date:
Worldwide: 10%, max EUR 250 / GBP 200 / USD 350
Canada: 10% to max CAD 350
USA: Registration fees, max USD 310
15 - 27 days prior to start date:
Worldwide: 25%, max EUR 300 / GBP 250 / USD 500
Canada: 20% to max CAD 500
USA: Registration fees, max USD 310 (+1 week accommodation)
2 - 14 days prior to start date:
Worldwide: 50%, max EUR 600 / GBP 500 / USD 800
Canada: 20% to max CAD 800
USA: Registration fees, max $310 (+2 weeks accommodation)
1 day prior to start date:
Worldwide: 90%, max EUR 1000 / GBP 850 / USD 1250
Canada: 20% to max USD 1250
USA: Registration fees, max $310 (+2 weeks accommodation)
After course start:
Worldwide: 100%, max EUR 1200 / GBP 1000 / USD 1500
Canada and USA: We follow the policies established by ACCET and the respective U.S. or Canadian state.
Cancellation insurance is available at 2% of the total amount (min. GBP 45 / EUR 55 / USD 55 / CAD 70). The insurance fee must be settled at the time of registration and will only apply if you cancel prior to departure due to health reasons (a written medical confirmation is required as proof). In the unlikely event the school is unable to create a group course due to an insufficient number of students of the same level, smaller classes for a reduced number of lessons will be provided instead (standard = 12 lessons / intensive = 18 lessons, i.e. standard + 3 one to one lessons). The minimum number of participants is 4. Under the rare circumstances of our being forced to cancel, all fees paid for Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS services will be refunded.
Online language course cancellation: Appointments scheduled for online one-to-one classes must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance.
4. Visa: In order to provide the letter of acceptance required by the embassy for issuing a visa, 40% of the total amount should be paid together with an additional charge of non-refundable GBP 65 / EUR 50 / USD 50 / CAD 65 or equivalent (in USA and Canada this amount is included in the registration fee); non-refundable shipping fees may apply. In the case of visa refusal, a full refund minus the additional, non-refundable fees can only be made if the student provides the letter of refusal issued by the embassy at least 15 days before departure (evidence of visa refusal is required). After this date we will consider the participation of the student as confirmed and normal cancellation/rebooking charges will apply. In case the visa has not yet been issued 16 days before departure, we strongly recommend postponing the course. In this case, the first rebooking fee will not be charged.
5. Acceptable forms of payment: By bank transfer: The relevant account number will be on the invoice. Please send us a copy of the transfer order. All bank charges will be incurred by you.
By credit card: Upon your notification, the appropriate form will be sent. It will need to be completed with the name of the credit card issuer, card number, expiry date and signature. An additional 2% credit card fee will be charged.
6. Insurance: Neither agent, operator, nor the school will be held responsible in any way for any accident, illness, loss of personal effects or change in personal circumstances arising at any time prior to or during the course. We therefore strongly recommend a personal travel insurance (incl. Health, Accident, Liability, Deportation: Basic protection from GBP 1 / EUR 1,30 / USD 1.30 / CAD 1.70 per person per day plus a service charge of GBP 10 / EUR 13 / USD 13 / CAD 17).
7. Liability: Parents of minors agree that neither Sprachcaffe Languages PLUS nor the homestay shall be liable for damage or problems caused either negligently or intentionally by their children while participating in trips. Parents and their children who are still minors recognize and accept the laws and the normal code of conduct of the country, which they are visiting.
8. Rights to image and film material: By agreeing to our general terms and conditions, you are accepting that SPRACHCAFFE Languages PLUS has the right to use any photos, video and sound recordings, which may be produced in the course of a language programme. These materials may be used by us for promotional purposes without cost implication or the need for a separate authorization from you. You can always retract your agreement to let us process your data as well as your agreement to let us use your personally identifying data. Please email email@example.com in order to do this.
9. Disclaimer: While all information in this is accurate at the time of publication, the content may be subject to updates. We reserve the right to refuse admission or to dismiss any student from school/accommodation without any refund in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance. The school expects students to adhere to the rules set. Errors and changes are reserved.